Olympia Test & Crane Ltd has been providing contract inspection to industry for 30 years. Our experience includes inspection programmes for Cranes, Hoists, Forklift Trucks, Hydraulic Lorry Loaders, Mobile Cranes and Loose Equipment.
Our team of qualified Engineers are equipped with the latest equipment to provide customers with detailed reports that can be delivered both on paper and electronic files via our OTC online computer data link.
We offer Inspection and Certification Services, ensuring all registers are kept up to date and legal obligations met. Olympia Test & Crane Colour Code Systems can be implemented for safe working:- a Colour Code System gives customers advance warning of any necessary repairs and items which have been missed.
LOLER (Lifting Operations & Lifting Equipment Regulations) 1998 replaced nearly all earlier lifting legislation, such as the Factories Act (FA1961) S.27 and the Construction (Lifting Operations) Regulations 1961. This earlier legislation was concerned with cranes and other lifting machines but had narrow definitions (e.g. excluding Forklift Trucks as lifting machines). Loler overcomes some of these problems.
Some machines (e.g. FLT and Mobile Cranes) have features both of mobile work equipment and of lifting equipment.
Our facility allows us to undertake a vast range of mechanical tests to include -
• Routine testing of chain & ropes to destruction.
• Lifting equipment testing to Safety standards or Quality standards.
• Fabricated structures tested for all industries.
• Testing of mobile cranes, forklifts, hydraulic lorry-loaders, tail lifts, excavators & associated plant.
• Ladder Testing.
• Bridge/Floor & passenger walk way testing.
• Testing to meet the specialised needs of any customers.
• Testing of on site loose equipment – Runway Beams, Overhead Cranes.
• Safety Harness Anchorage point Testing.
We are pleased to invite our Customers to witness tests.
Test & Certification:
• Pre-Inspection on cranes before testing
• Mechanical Tensile Testing
• Over 650 tonnes of calibrated test weights
• A speedy efficient quality service throughout the U.K.
• All work fully certified for legal compliance
We offer a full Calibration service for Tension Meters & Dynamometers at our fully Equipped Workshop.
Repairs of Lifting Equipment:
We offer a complete manufacture, repair & Testing service on a wide range of lifting equipment at our Workshop, or on customer sites.